USG Corporation Production Operator (Board) - Aliquippa in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met.
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into production management system.
Responsible for performing some routine maintenance and inspections on equipment.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - standard tape measure, scale, and a micrometer
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Forklift experience preferred .
Title: Production Operator (Board) - Aliquippa
Requisition ID: ALI10082
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.