USG Corporation Production Operator (Quality) - Aliquippa in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results
- Responsible for communicating change in quality specs and requirements during during changeovers. (premix blends, water etc.)
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers and quality test results into the RKB system.
Responsible for coordinating with engineering to make sure all quality lab scales are calibrated.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range and communicate accordingly.
- Read and understand all measuring equipment found in the Quality Lab.
- Read and complete documented quality inspection procedures for finished product.
- Enter work requests for any issues in work area to be handled by the Reliability team.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate all the Quality Lab equipment
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and communicate with the team for corrective actions.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Quality) - Aliquippa
Requisition ID: ALI10120
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.