USG Corporation Sales Representative (Ceilings) - Arizona in Arizona
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The Sales Representative - Ceilings applies extensive product, technical, and application expertise to promote all Ceilings Division products. The incumbent establishes strong relationships with gypsum specialty dealers and contractors in assigned territory. In addition, the incumbent collaborates effectively with architectural sales representatives, contractor services representatives, and Sales Representatives – Gypsum in the market to influence customer decisions.
Candidate will live in a major metro in Arizona and cover the following major metros within a broader territory: Arizona, Las Vegas, Reno, and Salt Lake City. Primary customer base will be contractors and distributors.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Through effective selling, maximizes USG's short and long term growth in sales volume, gross profit and industry position, with a particular focus on Ceilings products
- Proactively builds relationships with gypsum specialty dealers to increase preference and demand for USG ceilings products and systems
- Works closely with architectural and contractor representatives on the entire sales process, from specification to invoice
- Uses sales tools such as Salesforce.com to track jobs, identify leads, and locate greatest opportunities with customers
- Monitors competitive activity and strategically promotes USG’s product offering
- Launches and promotes new ceilings products and specialty ceilings products while maintaining support of core ceilings products
- Assists in answering all technical questions pertaining to ceilings including testing, applications, code and performance. Coordinates with contractor and technical resources when appropriate
- Applies Dimensions of Professional Selling tools and techniques throughout the entire sales process to provide an exceptional customer experience and added value
- Works closely with all shared services including Marketing, Pricing Analytics, Sales Operations and Customer Service to ensure that customer interactions all occur with the highest level of service
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
- Self-starter with very strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Salesforce.com is used daily to record and share information. Other industry related computer skills (CAD, REVIT, Sketch Up, Presentation software, etc.) are a plus
- Attends USG sponsored training courses to thoroughly understand value-proposition, positioning strength, and overall strategy and tactics of launching a new ceilings system
- Proven ability to identify key decision makers and build relationships. An adept networker
- Good listener. Strong written and oral communication skills. Interactive presentation skills. Good client and customer service skills
*Physical Demands and Other Requirements*
- Physical requirements include the ability to carry 30 lbs and drive a car (valid driver’s license required)
- Ability to travel approximately 30% to 50%
*Education and Related Experience*
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Design, Marketing, Business or related field. Advanced education beyond a Bachelor’s Degree is a plus
- Two year minimum sales experience in the building industry or an aligned business. Technical expertise/aptitude required
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Ceilings-Arch Sales South-330-326
Title: Sales Representative (Ceilings) - Arizona
Requisition ID: ARI10004
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.