USG Corporation Network Specialist w/PLC Programming - Auburn in Auburn, Washington
Effectively directs plant computer operations, which includes computer hardware, computer software, program development (programming), network and telephone support. Help implement new technology to maximize plant efficiency. Responsible for design, support, maintenance, programming, and control of all computer hardware and software applications to provide a cost-effective and reliable information system.
- Position requires technical knowledge of personal computer architecture, peripheral equipment, printing, network management including network wiring and topology, technical support in telecommunication hardware and software.
- The individual must be able and willing to learn the process control side of the network. This includes but not limited to Wonderware, Allen-Bradley and Siemens programming logic, setting up sub-networks, automation software in order to improve the process controls.
- Position is responsible for the selection, recommendation, installation, and training of all computer activities and services; and the investigation of new developments in computer technology, programming, and business applications.
- Responsible for maintaining computer hardware, software, printers and asset management.
- Responsible for maintenance and support of plant network (administration and process). Insure that the network is always available.
- Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting the plant telephone system and audio-visual equipment.
- Install, configure, and provide technical support for all plant network and workstation-based software applications.
- Thorough understanding Microsoft Office applications.
- Provide technical computer support to plant personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of current programs and development of new programs.
Train plant personnel in use of network hardware and software resources.
Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and decision-making skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce environment.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills plus the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- 5 years experience as a network administrator and/or Microsoft certifications.
- 5 years experience in Microsoft SQL and Visual Basic programming
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Network Specialist w/PLC Programming - Auburn
Requisition ID: AUB10126
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.