USG Corporation Production Operator (Cornerbead) - Auburn in Auburn, Washington
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency. Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met
Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results
Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system as required.
Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Recognize measurements that are outside of a specified range.
- Read measuring devices - tape measures, micrometers, etc.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to learn to opearate production equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a production process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers and supervisor.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area and take appropriate corrective action.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Trained and able to operate a forklift.
/ EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Cornerbead) - Auburn
Requisition ID: AUB10112
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.