USG Corporation Supply Chain Planner - Auburn in Auburn, Washington
- Manage the scheduling of incoming and outgoing raw materials, finished goods, and packaging materials.
- Execute the proper receipt transactions in Oracle.
- Lead cycle counts and physical inventories and the reconciliation of any discrepancies for raw materials and finished goods.
- Utilize the Oracle order organizer and shipping screens to manage the daily order activities such as determining partials pallet loads, pre-loads, rail loads, non-standard item orders, and any other order needing special attention.
- Manage the carrier assignment and load diagramming process. Work closely with the Supply Chain Supervisor to ensure that orders are loaded in a timely manner and in the proper sequence to meet delivery by date and time.
- Ensure all applicable loads are tendered through Transplace and that appropriate action is taken upon release from Transplace. Work closely with the Transportation Department to assign a carrier when needed. Send appropriate order information to assigned carriers. Ensure on-time-delivery through active communication with carriers.
- Monitor inbound/outbound rail cars and raw material and communicate with Production Departments.
- Manage and comply with the order locking process. Monitor the automatic pick release program in Oracle. Manually pick release orders as required. Manage and execute the backorder process in Oracle
- Manage truck slots and order changes. Communicate all anticipated and necessary changes in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Maintain proper documentation to ensure understanding and compliance by all parties.
- Primary contact between Supply Chain and Accounts Payable to resolve receipt discrepancies.
- Communicate with Planners on product availabilities for ATP requests and actively manage truck slots to optimize ATS requests. Effectively communicate with Customer Services to ensure order changes are addressed in a timely manner.
- Other duties include, but not limited to, running shortage reports, issuing correction notices and coordinating the return of product through the process of RMR.
Perform all duties with safety in mind and actively participate in all safety programs. Work closely with Production and Quality departments to ensure that the highest quality products are produced and shipped to customers. Understand and follow all bulletin requirements. Perform all duties in a cost-effective manner.
- Self-starter with the organizational skills to handle multiple activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with other departments, carriers, and corporate contacts.
- Knowledge and understanding of cut list, loading process, and warehousing.
- Knowledge and understanding of Joint treatment and Corner Bead departments is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a supervisory capacity.
- Operational knowledge of the Transportation process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and email communication.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Carrier Management System is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities. Ability to evaluate and discern results and consequences of decisions made.
- Understanding of Lean and ability to develop standard work is preferred.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Organization: *Auburn-Supply Chain
Title: Supply Chain Planner - Auburn
Requisition ID: AUB10142
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.