USG Corporation Forklift Operator - Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland
Functions of the Fork Truck Operator are to properly place product onto flatbed trucks per customer orders. This individual must have a good knowledge of warehouse storage arrangement and traffic flow patterns. Use of forklift and occasional operation of the floor sweeper is required.
- The Fork Truck Operator will remove product from the manufacturing line, via a forklift, and place in the warehouse. This individual is responsible for the condition of product placed in stock, including proper dunnage placement, unitizing and bundling.
- The Fork Truck Operator will also unload and load warehouse products into the warehouse and on and off trucks. The Fork Truck Operator position requires the individual to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills preferred to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
/ EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Baltimore-Supply Chain
Title: Forklift Operator - Baltimore
Requisition ID: BAL10324
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.