USG Corporation Human Resources Field Representative in Baltimore, Maryland
_POSITION SUMMARY_ The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for assisting the Regional and/or Divisional Human Resources Business Partner and local management with the employee needs within an assigned plant. This position will assist with the plant’s talent acquisition strategy, employee relations needs, benefits administration, and employee engagement & development. This is an entry-level training assignment designed to provide generalist human resources exposure for positions of greater responsibility. The HR Business Partner may be asked to participate in assisting other locations for training purposes or on an as needed basis.
_KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES_
* Work with HR Service Center (HRSC) personnel, Talent Management, and outside temporary employment services to assist with sourcing strategies for all hires including Interviewing candidates
* Assist with college recruiting activities as needed/requested.
* Support the Regional Human Resources Business Partner (RHRBP) to develop offers for salaried positions.
* Conduct on-boarding activities for new hires.
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT / SUCCESSION PLANNING
* Attend HR meetings / training as requested. * Deliver training as neededon a variety of plant/regional topics including diversity and supervisory skills. EMPLOYEE RELATIONS * Assist the RHRBP to meet with employees in the event of a retirement, death, etc. * Assist with Peer Reviews, an employee appeal process for discharge cases, including conducting the meeting and documenting results. * Assist with performance and disciplinary plans, participating as necessary. * Assist with investigations into significant allegations of employee misconduct. * Assist with Labor Relations/Employee Relations issues. * Support model safety programs as requested. * Assist with injury management including assisting with doctor appointments, random drug screens, potential audiometric threshold shifts, etc. * Participates as an active member of the Safety Investigation committee. * Support, plan and publish the plant newsletter. * Assist with Kronos (hourly time keeping system) attendance management. * Coordinate, assist and participate in community activities. * Assist and coordinate plant celebrations including service awards, retirements, etc. BENEFIT ADMINISTRATION * Assist in directing employees to the HR Service Center or appropriate third party for completion of documentation such as retirement. * Develop working knowledge of all company benefits. * Assist with completion of unemployment claim information. * Assist with leave of absence issues, as necessary. _COMPETENCIES/SKILLS _ COMMUNICATES WITH IMPACT * Able to communicate at all levels of the organization. * Strong listening skills. * Capable of delivering training to groups of varying size and make-up ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS * Strong organizational skills. * Able to manage multiple, competing priorities. * Strong time management skills.
ORGANIZATION EFFECTIVENESS * Able to develop relationships on multiple levels and across the company. * Able to influence others with or without a reporting relationship.
INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS * Relates well to a variety of people.
STRATEGIC THINKING * Capability to develop proficient strategic thinking skills. * Good analytical skills.
* Bachelor’s degree required in human resources, liberal arts, or a business field.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS * Interest in attaining the PHR certification preferred (At a mutually agreed upon time). REQUIRED SKILLS * Strong communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization. * Strong organizational skills, including time management. * Strong listening skills. * Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. * Ability to work independently and with a team. * Ability to develop coaching skills with employees and managers. * Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
PREFERRED SKILLS * Good analytical skills. * Level of comfort with social media outlets (i.e. web conferencing).
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS * Must be willing to travel up to 10%. * Must be willing to relocate for future promotional opportunities.
Job: *Human Resources
Organization: *Corp-Human Resources-158
Title: Human Resources Field Representative
Requisition ID: BAL10251
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.