USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on: motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultra sound and vibration analysis tools.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand /power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions, requests and completing feedback documentation.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mechanical / Technical Understanding - Mechanical Fundamentals: mechanics, lubrication, understanding maintenance documents, pumps, piping systems, welding/cutting (stick, mig, tig and torch). Mechanical power transmission: basic mechanics, bearings. Hydraulic power transmission: basic hydraulics, hydraulic troubleshooting. Basic pneumatic: Pneumatic Principles, Reciprocating Compressors, Rotary Compressors, Primary Air Treatment, Secondary Air Treatment, Piping, Hoses, and Fittings, Directional Control Valves, Pressure-Control Valves, Pneumatic Cylinders, Pneumatic Motors.
- Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Responsible for performing all assignments as delegated by the Mechanical Supervisors.
- Normal working schedule is primarily day shift with some opportunity to work 2nd and 3rd shift but it is often necessary to work OT, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule and is subject to change based on business levels.
- Must report all ANI’s.
- Must have a safe work history.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Baltimore
Requisition ID: BAL10344
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.