USG Corporation Electrician (Engineering) - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Alabama
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency. Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
· Operation of electrical test equipment including but not limited to voltmeter, megger, and amprobe
· Install wiring and conduit for newly installed and existing equipment
· Replace faulty electrical components of equipment such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices such as proximity switch timers, scanners and photo electric devises
· Perform preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, and repairs.
· General working knowledge of VFDs including: power and control wiring, installation and configuration, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance
· Understand working components of PLCs such as: Installation, troubleshooting, repair, and hardware wiring
· Understand transformer sizing and wiring along with knowledge of fuse, wire sizing, and conduit fill ratios · Perform conduit and cable tray design, layout, and installation · Ability to read electrical block diagrams, schematics, and PLC ladder logic. · Ability to troubleshoot AC and DC drives, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. · Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls · Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair burner controls
· Must minimally possess journey level or trade school/formal training with 3-5 years industrial experience · Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as 480 volt and 4160 volt, with an understanding of NFPA 70E code · Must be able to accept “On-call” responsibility · Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit · Must have a safe working history, regular and predicable attendance, and the ability to work with limited supervision · Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks · Must pass a basic electrical skills test
Title: Electrician (Engineering) - Bridgeport
Requisition ID: BRI10188
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.