USG Corporation Green Belt (Lean Six Sigma) - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Alabama
Effectively leads Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement projects within the Plant. Works with Plant Management to select and charter projects and then uses established leadership skills to build, develop, and lead teams to execute a solution for the project. Incumbent uses standardized Lean Six Sigma methodologies to systematically eliminate waste and reduce process variation. This includes identifying integration issues, removing barriers to success and tracking project status in order to obtain results as quickly as possible. Position requires at least 3 full weeks of travel during a 3 month period for the initial training, but travel is not expected to be required on a regular basis thereafter. This position will generally report to a department manager.
Key Competencies and Accountabilities:
Leadership * Ensures two-way open communication throughout the Plant for all Lean Six Sigma efforts. This includes keeping the Project Sponsor and Process Owners informed of project and program status and ensuring coordination for all LSS activities. * Able to inspire, motivate, and spark others to take action. Must be a decisive team leader that is results-oriented. The incumbent must be pro-active, analytical, and process driven with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations of the customer. * Must work effectively with a cross functional team and people over whom he/she has no authority.
Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Gathers and analyzes information to formulate actions. Digs beneath surface and tests the validity of information. Understands statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, Quality, and basic financial principles and applies them to analyze the planned activities.
- Carefully weighs consequences of contemplated action. Ensures projects are integrated with other Plant activities, improvement projects, and business strategy.
- Actively participates/collaborates with team members to enhance team’s effectiveness. Possesses effective interpersonal skills to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing the Plant’s Lean Six Sigma goals. Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Builds cooperative relationships and ensures continuing development of their skills in this area.
Administrative & Organizational Skills
- Manages all assigned LSS projects and necessary documentation utilizing the Qeystone Project Repository.
- Organizes and oversees all Team Meetings, Efforts, Activities and Toll Gate presentations to meet target project cycle times.
Energy, Drive & Ambition
- Goal oriented, persistent and driven to achieve objectives. The incumbent must be pro-active, analytical, and process driven with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding expectations.
- Generate annual savings of $90,000 each year through any combination of DMAIC projects, Replication Projects, and/or KAIZEN projects.
- Maintain Project Cycle Time for Full DMAIC projects to ≤ 6 months.
- Update Qeystone project file regularly including Monthly Financials.
- Serve as the Plant’s 5S Coordinator.
- Conduct annual yellow belt training.
- Obtain Green Belt Certification after the successful completion of 2 DMAIC projects.
- Serve as the Plant’s Lean Six Sigma Ambassador.
- College Degree Not Required
- Must completed Team Accelerator and USG Green Belt programs
- Minimum of two years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Good time management and project management skills
- Strong understanding and application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Good mathematical and statistical analysis skills
- Strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good business orientation and financial analysis skills
- IT competency in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook skills
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Lean Six Sigma
Title: Green Belt (Lean Six Sigma) - Bridgeport
Requisition ID: BRI10254
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.