USG Corporation Network Technician - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Alabama
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
- Effectively direct plant IT operations, including computer hardware, software, network, and telephone support providing all basic technical support to plant personnel.
- Responsible for all plant network servers and maintaining updates.
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and optimal support of the plant IT network to provide a cost effective and reliable network.
- Responsible for all computer hardware, software, printers, scanners, and asset management including but not limited to purchasing, leasing and renting IT equipment and supplies.
- Work with and build relationships with equipment vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the plant telephone system, AV equipment and access control system.
- Oversee installation and configuration of the plant IT network, hardware, computer software applications and licenses.
- Responsible for training plant personnel in the use of computer equipment and software resources.
Investigation of new developments in computer technology and business applications.
- Software design and building reports in existing programs.
- Support programming network issues on CISCO switches and other plant programming items.
- Provide IT Support for corporate and regional IT teams.
- Manage budget within established targets.
Degree or advanced education in the computer science or network administration field is an asset. Practical experience demonstrating related skills in an on-the-job setting is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter, with excellent organizational, communication and time management skills and the proven ability to handle multiple priorities and projects effectively.
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment and the manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency/working knowledge of programming languages eg. C , Python, etc.
- Knowledge of Pelco Camera System set up and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), SQL Serves and IO drivers, Human Machine Interface (HMI), sensors, and how to use manufacturer specific diagnostic software.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills to support a workforce with varying degrees of computer aptitude.
- Day shift position. After hours callouts and overtime when assigned is mandatory.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Network Technician - Bridgeport
Requisition ID: BRI10275
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.