USG Corporation PLC Technician - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Alabama
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Follow all plant, departmental and job safety rules and conduct in a manner consistent with company values, code of conduct, policies and other standards.
- Follow all applicable safe operating procedures and rules including housekeeping requirements.
- Perform the essential physical requirements necessary for the role.
- Overtime is mandatory and regular and predictable attendance is essential.
- Read, write and perform advanced mathematical skills.
- Follow programming standards and maintain version control of changes to PLC programs.
- Collaborate with the Process Controls Engineering Group on selection, recommendation, installation, and training of new process control technologies; and investigate new developments in the field for possible implementation
- Understand plant process network architecture structure and PLC equipment.
Perform regular and scheduled backups of all process control programs and HMI applications.
- Read, interpret, and understand control concepts working from complex electrical schematics, blueprints, and ladder logic diagrams.
- Use manufacturer specific diagnostic software for the purpose of installation, troubleshooting, calibrating, or startup (Example: Drive Executive for Allen Bradley 700, 700S and 700H variable frequency drives (VFDs) or Drive Wizard for Yaskawa A1000, V1000 Variable Frequency Drives).
- Identify problem areas and determine optimal solutions for complex modifications to PLC programming code.
- Maintain, replace, install, and calibrate all instrumentation equipment related to pressure, temperature, flow and volume.
- Assess and document current control environments and provide recommendations on continuous improvement.
- Serves as project lead to manufacturing staff to support control and automation modifications and/or improvements to help reach attainment goals on new or existing production lines.
- Document, implement, startup and provide technical support of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), SQL Serves and IO Drivers, and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming in an industrial automation environment.
- Design & prepare specifications, calculations, single line diagram definitions
- Troubleshoot controls/programming aspects of all equipment.
- Comply with Work Order system by properly accounting for their work hours, properly filling out W/O feedback forms and communicating all deviation to their Supervisor.
- Maintain good communications and work together as a team.
- Respond to call-ins on an “as needed” basis.
Related degree and/or on-the-job experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Plant PLC Systems, for example: Siemens, GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all Plant communication protocols, for example: Ethernet, Profibus, AB controlnet, HART Protocol, RS232 serial communication, RS Linx, etc.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of all Plant programs, for example: Siemens Symatic Win CC, Siemens Step 7 Micro/Win, Yaskawa Drive Wizard, Wonderware HMI software, CTI Workshop, AB ControlLogix 500, AB ControlLogix 5000, AB Drive Logix, AB RSLogix HMI software, Siemens Drive Monitor, Siemens symatic manager for S7300 PLCs, etc.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of all of the following: Weight Loss Feeders, Load Cells, Thermocouples, RTDS, Temperature Control, Instrumentation and Displays, Camera Systems, Ethernet Network Technology, Fiber Optic Systems, PID loops, VF Drives].
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of various types of sensors including: Photoelectric, Sonic, Thru-Beam, Proximity, Lasers, and Mechanical limits.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bridgeport - 850
Title: PLC Technician - Bridgeport
Requisition ID: BRI10280
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.