USG Corporation Production Operator (Mill) - Bridgeport in Bridgeport, Alabama
- Responsible for operating plant Mill equipment
- Responsible for identifying upset conditions and responding as to minimize safety hazards, quality deviations, equipment damage and delay.
- Responsible for operating front end loaders and dump truck.
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment
Expected to take an active role in all plant safety and continuous improvement initiatives, as required by supervision.
Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Ability to recognize unsafe conditions, acts and hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Some experience with process computers is preferred.
- A general understanding of continuous manufacturing processes, with the ability to visualize the process and its interactions, is desired.
- Proven ability to read, understand and draw conclusions from process trending/data is desired.
- Ability to make process adjustments.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on operator basic care work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Computer skills to review or revise documents in Microsoft Office Programs is desired.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them.
- Ability to safely operate forklifts and all equipment associated with driving the forklift.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Mill) - Bridgeport
Requisition ID: BRI10282
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.