USG Corporation Forklift Operator - Cartersville in Cartersville, Georgia
For more than 118 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 6,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- While using a forklift, safely load or unload finished product and packaging materials.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
- Safely operate department equipment including: truck restraint system; stretch wrap machine; banding machine; and cardboard waste disposal baler.
- Must be able to read and understand shipping orders, then pull, stage; load, and check materials to ensure shipment of desired product.
Must learn to diagram/plot product layout on truck to ensure efficient placement of material for transport by assigned carrier.
Able to safely work in a manufacturing setting by adhering to all plant and department safety rules and practices while maintaining a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry, reporting and use of electronic scanning devices used in the shipping process.
- Willingness to work any shift as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Trained or have the ability to be trained in the safe operation of a forklift and all equipment associated with driving a forklift. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Forklift Operator - Cartersville
Requisition ID: CAR10041
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.