USG Corporation AEM Developer in Chicago, Illinois
USG is looking for a highly talented and motivated IT System Designer who can enable our business strategy, IT strategy and overall vision. This position will be part of the IT Marketing Applications team and will be responsible for guiding business and IT stakeholders to realize impactful business outcomes leveraging Information Technology. The candidate needs to be passionate about technology and the value it can bring to our business.
- Responsible for all phases of the development lifecycle in response to business needs – from initial technical design through production deployment and L3 production support
- Design and build components, templates, dialogs, and workflows using primarily Java on top of the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) architecture (Java, sling, CRX, OSGI, JCR).
- Accommodate day-to-day change requests and make changes to applications.
- Using Java endpoints, Integrate AEM with existing business software applications.
- Diagnose and solve technical problems related to content management such as search result accuracy, dynamic content linking, localization, and personalization.
- Estimate efforts for various support tasks and prioritize the same with the business team.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of AEM including data migrations, configuration, systems integrations, third party applications.
- Helps develop and drive best practices around AEM application development, governance, change (release) management and end user adoption
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices (unit testing, automated QA testing)
- Collaborates with Marketing, IT systems leadership and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets the needs of the internal and external customers
- Provides subject matter expertise in the planning process. Participates in and influences decisions that affect the functionality of delivered products
Develop, maintain, and enforce common conventions, standards, and technologies across the IT landscape
BS in Computer Science or related field required
- 4-5 years of Java experience
- 2 years of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) required
- Solid understanding of J2EE, Apache Felix, Apache Sling, OSGI, RESTful services, DAM, DTM, AJAX.
- Servlet and JSP development experience required
- NoSQL experience a plus
- webservices creation and consumption
- Experience customizing marketing automation tools for mobile responsive
- Should have experience with deployment tools, such as Eclipse, Maven, Git, BitBucket.
- Communicates with internal customers in terms that the customer can understand. Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Self-sufficient customer facing skills that foster a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with business is a must
- Good planning, organization, and work management skills. Self-starter who takes ownership, meets commitments and multi-tasks effectively in a fast-moving environment
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Apps-Sales and Marketing-185-4
Title: AEM Developer
Requisition ID: HQ 11483
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.