USG Corporation Demand Planner in Chicago, Illinois
This position, within USG’s Supply Chain Logistics Planning department, functions as a subject matter expert in demand planning. The demand planner will be responsible for managing the demand plan and consensus forecast for assigned products and lines of business across multiple locations, geographies and/or sales areas.
_KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES_
- Create monthly demand forecasts for complex product families based on market intelligence, input from cross-functional teams, and utilizing the demand planning system.
- Lead monthly consensus demand planning meetings with Sales VPs, General Managers, Finance, and Product Managers for complex product families.
- Use critical thinking and analysis to develop unbiased, data-driven forecasts that incorporate business unit plans, product strategy, network optimization changes, new product rollouts, and other supply chain initiatives into the planning process.
- Perform analysis to determine root cause of forecast errors and develop corrective actions.
- Support monthly S&OP for business unit.
- Develop and execute supply chain and functional strategies to support business plans and corporate strategies
- Deliver implementation of process improvements, system enhancements, and automation opportunities. Drive process efficiencies across functions.
_Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_ * * Required: * Experience in building a forecast including using statistical modeling and market intelligence. * Experience in creating a demand plan, completing a forecast gap analysis and reconciling demand forecasts to actual results. * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. * Ability to manage and summarize data in a clear, concise manner at the appropriate level of detail. * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to lead senior level presentations. * Experience with Microsoft Office products, expert Excel skills combined with proficiency with Microsoft Access. * Ability to prioritize multiple work activities simultaneously with a high degree of initiative. * Project management experience. _Education_ * B.A. or B.S degree (Supply Chain, Finance, Economics, or related field) required Years of Experience * 1-3 years Demand or Supply planning experience. * Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting, demand planning, or supply planning techniques. /EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Demand Planner
Requisition ID: HQ 11320
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.