USG Corporation Digital Manager, Process Improvement in Chicago, Illinois
Chicago-based USG Corporation has a 115-year history as a market leader in innovative, award-winning products and systems. USG products can be found in structures across the world, from DIY projects to residential homes to some of the worlds’ tallest buildings. USG has 7,000 employees across North America, committed to customer satisfaction and the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety. To achieve success in this challenging economy, we developed a three-pillared approach called Our Plan to Win: 1) strengthen our core operations in manufacturing and distribution, 2) diversify our earnings through geographic expansion and product adjacencies, and 3) differentiate ourselves through innovation.
USG senior leadership is committed to making the company a great place for great people to work. In the areas of Finance and Accounting, leadership provides strategic value, focuses on customer service, and drives operational excellence to create a dynamic work environment with significant promise for the future. By employing a shared services model, we effectively leverage our finance expertise and technology to deliver maximum value to our stakeholders.
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right finance professionals. Visit us on LinkedIn athttps://www.linkedin.com/company/usg, or find out how to grow your career with USG athttp://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html. To join our talent network or search for other open positions, go tohttp://www.jobs.net/jobs/usgcorp/join.
As a key member of the Finance Transformation Team, the Digital Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining digital tools that eliminate, automate, or re-engineer processes across USG to achieve greater financial results. The Digital Manager is responsible for Celonis configuration and user support, the expansion of USG’s robotic process automation (RPA) program, and enhanced sales reporting via Tableau.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the configuration of USG’s process mapping tool, Celonis. This includes setting up the process models and dashboards required to achieve benefits associated with process improvement.
- Responsible for supporting USG business users of Celonis including training and technical support.
- Responsible for executing USG’s RPA strategy including working with the third-party provider that designs bots and ensuring that all bots conform to USG standards.
- Responsible for building Tableau dashboards and training USG business users to use the data to drive improvements in invoice accuracy.
- Responsible for assessing feasibility of automation and digitization projects.
- Responsible for ongoing analysis of industry trends and evaluation of emerging digital capabilities and their usefulness for USG.
- Participate in new process improvement initiatives for the Company that require a digital or data-driven solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
Years of Experience
- 3 years in increasingly challenging business and/or technical roles
- Demonstrated understanding of intelligent automation and digital transformation enterprise programs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience driving process improvements with measurable results
- Ability to quickly understand and decompose technical concepts
- Advanced level abilities with SQL and Excel
- Experience in automation and analytic tools (Automation Anywhere, Tableau, Celonis, etc)
Leadership and Interpersonal Competencies
Our successful candidate will be broad-minded, with an openness to share information across functions. Other characteristics include:
- An ambitious leader who wants to be challenged with roles of increasing responsibility and is excited about moving into different roles in the Company’s finance organization over his or her career
- Ability to earn trust and credibility within the organization
- A team player, with the ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes
- Ability to influence and manage across indirect reporting lines and to implement and manage change throughout the organization
- Determined, innovative, with a strong work ethic
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma process methodologies
- Experience learning programming languages such as PQL
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Corp-Financial Shared Services-144-5
Title: Digital Manager, Process Improvement
Requisition ID: HQ 11537
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.