USG Corporation Director, Commercial Excellence (Remote work possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more sthan 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion form within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
_POSITION SUMMARY:_* *
This critical role will support the overall corporate strategic business planning process for our commercial selling organizations and will have responsibility for supporting project prioritization, analytical support and project leadership to USG's key business and operations units. They will work with the Chief Strategy and Customer Officer, business leaders, and the Executive Committee to validate critical business decisions related to growth initiatives, new products, go-to-market strategies, and holistic profit generating opportunities.
/General Strategic Commercial Responsibilities Include:/
- Support the strategic planning process for aforementioned internal customers to implement the strategy, culminating in the annual strategic review with the USG Board of Directors
- Work together with the business unit leaders to drive the business planning process and help develop robust internal/external data sets on customer trends
- Provide direction, communication, and support to the Executive Committee with regard to the overall corporate strategy, with a focus on customer segmentation and digital opportunities.
- Develop and implement market and customer based analytical tools/data sets to provide fact-based clarity to strategy discussions/decisions
- Work with business unit leaders to develop strategies and analytics to identify new product opportunities that deliver customer value. Execute new product development concepts and procedures to shorten customer process time, lower breakeven, and improve cost structure.
- Analyze merger, acquisition, and strategic alliance growth opportunities
- Support our international joint venture and emerging business planning
- Ensure cross-functional participation in the business unit planning process
- Develop and implement methods to communicate the strategic plan to targeted audiences
- Provide internal consulting for business units on competitive situations/opportunities
- Proactively identify key trends and build internal awareness of new technologies and business models that may impact the business positively or negatively
- Explore strategic initiatives and conduct special projects requested by executive management
- Partner with business on optimization of internal and external resources, policies, programs and tools for profit sustainability and growth
- Partner with leaders across enterprise to drive the implementation and continuous optimization of the product lines’ profitability and associated customer segmentation processes
- Act as a commercial focal point for best practices, centralized reporting and skill set development
- Lead key commercial excellence initiatives as identified and proposed
/Pricing Project Specific Responsibilities Include:/
- Lead the current pricing project
- Successfully implement pricing software to improve financial performance within various markets and business units
- Addresses key areas such as SKU rationalization, product margin & value realization
- Drive incremental revenue growth, targeted margin expansion, and overall portfolio efficiencies.
- Understanding customer segmentation and local and national pricing dynamics and implementing strategies to delight customers while focusing resources on customers that generate the most value
- Support customer satisfaction particularly associated with segmented expected experiences on price, delivery and support by customer
- Align with the key commercial, pricing and marketing leaders to plan and execute value creation strategies and develop the commercial capabilities with clear line of sight of opportunities to grow EBITDA
Advise business units in the areas of Revenue & Margin Management—margin transparency, product portfolio optimization, SKU rationalization, new product development, pricing, and margin recovery. Drive performance improvements in top-line revenue and margin improvement.
The ideal candidate will have internal USG experience that applies to corporate strategy. They will be able to quickly understand and adopt corporate strategies and interact effectively with the company's top leaders.
- A minimum of 10 years of total business experience
- Sales management and pricing authority experience
- A record of developing strategies that drive profitability and shareholder returns
- Proficiency in data analytics and implementing digitization productivity initiatives
- Strong program management execution and ability to drive initiatives to completion
- Ability to influence leaders by understanding key objectives, listening and aligning priorities
- Strategic leadership and effective executive communication skills
- Effectively work in a matrixed global organization structure.
- Customer centricity mindset in all decision making
- Breadth of change management experience across multiple/complex programs & portfolios
- Experience with merger and acquisitions, new ventures, and product development
- Experience in building internal/external fact-based data sets for analytical clarity
- Track record of proven strategic, analytical, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement growth strategies in a complex business environment
- Able to add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven track record to develop, communicate, and create buy-in around business strategies
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, or a related area; an MBA is preferred
- International experience is preferred
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Corp-Strategy and Transition-144-010
Title: Director, Commercial Excellence (Remote work possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11532
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.