USG Corporation EDI Analyst - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible)) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
Provides daily operations support for EDI transactions as well as testing of defect/enhancement fixes. Ensures timely resolution of customer maintenance and data issues per established processes. Analyzes, evaluates, and inputs data into the USG application systems. Liaison between customer service, financial shared services, and other departments to ensure the data’s completeness. Monitors issues, enhancements, and questions until resolution. Recommends and adopts new standards, procedures, and process improvements.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
- Responsible for accurate completion of daily operational support tasks per established processes.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and inputs data into the USG application systems ensuring data accuracy and standardization. Liaison between customer service, financial shared services, and other departments to ensure the data’s completeness.
- Provide EDI development testing support for internal and third party VAN development activities.
- Reviews, and adopts, documented team procedures and processes.
- Monitors issues, enhancements, and questions until resolution. Escalates issues as appropriate.
- Assists in business process development. Provides recommendations on systems and business process enhancements to improve data quality or customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in business or technical related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years EDI order support experience or equivalent. Experience with X12 and XML documents preferred.
- Strong customer focus with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and accuracy of projects.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Oracle Order Management and Salesforce business applications.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Sales Operations-135-500
Title: EDI Analyst - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible))
Requisition ID: HQ 11498
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.