USG Corporation EDI Implementer - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The EDI Implementer will be responsible for customer onboarding of EDI transactions and implementation of defect/enhancement fixes. This position is responsible for analyzing and specifying business requirements for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings. Collaborates with IT and third-party VAN to develop and test customer transactions and new EDI implementations. Recommends, designs, and adopts new standards, policies, and processes to improve department effectiveness and overall customer experience.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
- Analyzes and defines EDI requirements for customers. Review and maintain all EDI maps to drive compliance with business requirements, standards, and policies.
- Using solid knowledge of EDI practices, implement and manage successful EDI solutions to strengthen core and further scale operations. Drives adoption of new EDI processes and implements future state roadmap.
- Manage EDI-related business support responsibilities. Provide ongoing internal/external customer support for EDI transactions and problems.
- Manage and develop customer relationships with key customers and third-party EDI VAN to facilitate EDI implementations.
- Recommend, design, and adopt new standards, procedures, and improved processes to improve department effectiveness and overall customer experience. Remains current regarding EDI and internet field technological developments.
- Monitors issues, enhancements, and questions until resolution.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to meet organizational expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in IT or business-related field preferred.
- 7 years in depth experience with designing and mapping EDI X12 and XML documents.
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Established time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated presentation, training, and knowledge transfer skills. Able to effectively communicate between various departments and levels within the organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Background in business practices of USG’s customers
- Experience with Oracle CRM solutions and Salesforce business applications
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Sales Operations-135-500
Title: EDI Implementer - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11497
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.