USG Corporation EDI Manager - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
USG is seeking an EDI Manager that is equipped with strong technical and business acumen to grow EDI capabilities and drive automation from order to invoice. Defines strategic direction, manages EDI related support activities and is accountable for achieving EDI business outcomes. Recommends, designs, and adopts new standards, policies, and processes to improve department effectiveness and overall customer experience. Partners with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure alignment of future state EDI roadmap with their goals. Effectively manage USG’s relationship with third-party VAN. Minimal travel may be required.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
- Manages EDI team, responsible for hiring, training and development of department personnel.
- Defines strategic direction to improve EDI and accountable for achieving EDI business outcomes.
- Drives adoption of new EDI processes and implements future state roadmap. Ensure standards and policies are maintained.
- Using solid knowledge of EDI practices, will implement and manage successful EDI solutions to strengthen core and further scale operations.
- Manage EDI-related business support responsibilities. Provide ongoing internal/external customer support for EDI transactions and problems.
- Manage and develop customer relationships with key customers to facilitate EDI implementations. Act as the primary EDI contact for external trading partners and internal business partners.
- Recommend, design, and adopt new standards, procedures, and improved processes to improve department effectiveness and overall customer experience.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to meet organizational expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in IT or business-related field preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 7 years of progressive experience with EDI relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and executing complex transactions.
- Extensive experience with EDI, order management, and project management.
- Strategic EDI thinking and planning with operational execution excellence.
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Established time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated presentation, training, and knowledge transfer skills. Able to effectively communicate between various departments and levels within the organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Background in business practices of USG’s customers
- Experience with Oracle CRM solutions and Salesforce business applications
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Sales Operations-135-500
Title: EDI Manager - Sales Ops (Remote Work Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11496
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.