USG Corporation EPMO Project Lead in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
The Project Lead will serve in the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) within the Operational Excellence Organization. The EPMO is responsible for supporting USG’s corporate strategy by enhancing process practices, including governance across the enterprise. Incumbent will collaborate closely with different departments across USG to analyze and quantify data used to make decisions. The incumbent’s work will span project administration, project management, business analysis and process development and enhancement.
A successful candidate will have experience in logic-driven complex problem-solving, as well as experience in process and project management. This person will have experience in the following areas, with expertise demonstrated
in 2 areas: project administration, project management, business analysis, process ownership and continuous improvement. This person will understand change management and will be able to contribute ideas and execute tactics for change management in order to gain support for process changes. This candidate will have superb written and verbal communication skills and will have demonstrated collaboration and building strong partnerships.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Plan and Execute Process Excellence Initiatives
- Support assigned projects through the development and application of project management tools such as charters, schedules, issue logs, steering committee agendas, etc.
- Participate in implementation plans for prioritized initiatives
- Assist in new process design and roll-out development
- Develop process-related tools
- Execute initiatives to deliver promised benefits
Support the Organization
- Support the vision, objectives, and capabilities for the EPMO
- Develop and establish regular communication methods with the Sr. Manager of the EPMO
- Create and maintain Project Management policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop processes and frameworks that guide Process Excellence work
- Verify adherence to newly defined processes and provide continuous improvement oversight
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
Drive for Results
- Leads and works within teams to ensure project deadlines are met and output quality consistently meets predetermined team and department goals, and agreed to business requirements
- Analyzes data and metrics, draws conclusions, and communicates to appropriate audiences
- Manages issue identification and resolution
- Ability to achieve results through others
Problem Solving and Decision Quality
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving mindset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize a number of time-sensitive tasks
- Analyzes, documents and resolves issues to ensure accordance with department objectives and standards
- Ability to review the status reports of team members and address issues as appropriate
- Ability to identify project risks
*Accepts Change *
- Understands and communicates change is necessary
- Involved in embracing and supporting the change process
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with natural ability to influence and ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Understands conflict and identifies and executes methods to resolve the conflict
Communicates with Impact
- Excellent organizational, management, and communication skills (verbal, written, visual)
- Ability to coordinate and deliver effective training appropriate to the audience and skill level, including “train the trainer”
- Ability to communicate “up”
- Recognize and communicate significant department achievements
- Interface closely with the different departments across USG to identify potential opportunity areas
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations that have process improvement opportunity areas
- Help design new process rollouts and provide corresponding training for affected groups
- Ability to lead with senior and executive management outside the EPMO
Education / Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related experience required
Years of Experience
- 3-5 years of process improvement and/or project management experience Required Skills
- Possesses a general understanding of process improvement and development experience
- Keeps abreast of the industry and understands economic influences
- Ability to understand and clearly communicates project objectives, issues, status and metrics
- Experience developing key project documentation including project charters, status reporting and other communications Work Capabilities
- Ability to work independently and request assistance or guidance when required
- High attention to detail Other
- May participate in task forces.
- Project Management and business analysis experience
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Enterprise PMO-143-20
Title: EPMO Project Lead
Requisition ID: HQ 11503
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.