USG Corporation Financial Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
This position is accountable for providing accurate inventory costing. The position is responsible for providing timely and value-added analysis to decision makers in USG’s Operations Finance organization as well as other groups. This position will deal with absorbed and actual costs, as well as be responsible for understanding and communicating all variances. This position will assist in cross-functional teams regarding all factors that comprise absorbed cost analysis.
The position will communicate and foster the relationships between Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and the Finance organizations in all matters pertaining to inventory costing and general plant reporting.
- Provides Accurate Inventory Costing
- Maintain, analyze, and update resource usage rates.
- Maintain, analyze, and update overhead and resource cost rates.
- Understand and explain key variance drivers to support updates.
- Actively identifies ways to improve inventory costing processes and accuracy.
- Effectively communicate with Regional FP&A and other groups to identify cost which may need to be accounted for in absorbed costs.
- Cost related error handling and resolution.
- Provides timely and value added analysis
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the cost drivers and factors influencing absorbed versus actual cost in order to provide value-added explanations for cost variances.
- Effective and timely communication to Operations Finance group regarding known changes.
- Ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in Cross-Functional Teams
- Participates in cross-functional teams involving analysis of absorbed cost. Provides cost information to guide product development plans.
- Cost Book Maintenance and Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner.
- Can anticipate when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Identify process improvements and standardization.
- The ability to work as an individual or in a team in a fast paced environment.
- 1 - 2 years USG experience in a manufacturing or operations accounting or financial role
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Corp-Operations Finance-FSS-INV-147-1
Title: Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: HQ 11463
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.