USG Corporation IT Architect in Chicago, Illinois
For more than 117 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 7,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
As a company with $3B in revenues and an enhanced IT budget, we’re big enough that our IT professionals have the resources to make a difference – thanks to our large investments in transformative technology projects, the ability to work on significant deployments such as sales force automation, and our commitment to professional development. And we’re small enough that you’re not just a number – you’ll have influence and build strong relationships with our internal customers to successfully complete vital projects. USG offers work-life balance, stability, self-determined career paths, promotion from within, low turnover, exceptional benefits, a dynamic environment, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right IT professionals.
USG is looking for a highly talented and motivated IT Architect who can enable our business strategy, IT strategy and overall vision. This position will be responsible for guiding business and IT stakeholders to realize impactful business outcomes leveraging Information Technology. The candidate needs to be passionate about technology and the value it can bring to our business.
- Assess technology trends and provide thought leadership to inform business and IT strategy
- Identify and present new technology solutions to enable business and IT strategy
- Define future state technology roadmap and communicate effectively within organization to gain commitment
- Champion technology portfolio management and help drive technology strategy
- Play an active role in IT architecture assurance and governance
- Develop solution architecture and guide solution designs for large cross-functional projects
- Build partnerships and relationships with USG business and IT leadership
- Develop and maintain reference architectures/blueprints that are aligned with the enterprise objectives and initiatives
- Champion technology roadmap execution and support development of business cases
- Stay abreast of technology and vendor trends and communicate relevant concepts and implications to business and IT stakeholders
- Provide technical leadership to the solution delivery process with solution architectures to drive key architecture decisions and ensure enterprise fit and sustainability
_KEY QUALIFICATIONS:_ * BS in Computer Science or related field required, Masters preferred * Minimum of 5 years of technology architecture experience with solid career progression * A broad understanding of IT infrastructure and application platforms * A passion for utilizing technology and strategy to drive significant business outcomes and benefits * Strong background in AWS and/or Azure with experience developing and executing strategic roadmaps that focus on business results and capability development * Excellent leadership, communication, and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among senior business and technical stakeholders * Strong business and technical acumen with ability to command respect at all levels of the organization * Experience creating business cases with opportunity analysis, solution concepts, cost/benefit financial analysis, and operational impacts * Ability to translate highly complex and ambiguous problems into actionable components and recommendations to drive solutions; ability to influence others without direct authority. * Experience with modeling and developing conceptual, logical, and technical architectures * Self-starter with excellent organization, administrative, and interpersonal skills * Strong knowledge of the EA Discipline – EA Review Board, Methodologies, Frameworks (TOGAF, Gartner, Zachman), EA Extended Team models, and core architecture deliverables / /
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Apps-Product and Services-185-11
Title: IT Architect
Requisition ID: HQ 11239
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.