USG Corporation Manufacturing Data Scientist in Chicago, Illinois
The successful candidate will design, build, deploy and maintain highly scalable advanced analytical solutions that support manufacturing operations to make more efficient and effective decisions. The following are job responsibilities:
- Deep and broad knowledge in the application of advanced analytical techniques to improve Process (continuous) and Batch manufacturing.
- Understands manufacturing data, manufacturing process, and fundamental meaning of process measurements
- Works with cross functional teams of operations, engineers, scientists, IT, R&D, and data infrastructure
- Work with external service providers and influence the delivered services and solutions to ensure use case is understood and optimally achieved
- Develops solutions that can be understood and used by manufacturing to extract insights and make decisions
- Scale-up data solutions across diverse manufacturing applications
_Education and Experience_ * 5 years’ experience applying advanced analytics techniques * 2 years of deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, and optimization * BS, or MS in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Or similar Academic Pedigree _Required Skills_ * 2 years of deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, and optimization * Fluent in multiple technologies such as Python, R, SAS or comparable technologies * Project management for small to medium scale projects from ideation, development, thru implementation * Proficient in visualization techniques and SAS VA/VS, Tableau or equivalent * Ability to influence business partners in the selection and implementation of business justified use cases * Strong business presentation and communication skills with ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from various fields and analytical backgrounds
_Preferred Requirements_ * MS or PhD in operations research
Position midpoint may be adjusted based on the skills and experience of the candidate.
/EOE including disability/veteran /
Organization: *Corp Engineering-Budgeted Proc Engr-156-100
Title: Manufacturing Data Scientist
Requisition ID: UNI11902
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.