USG Corporation Oracle Developer (EDI) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, documents and implements programs, applications and systems that meet USG business requirements. Coordinates activities that affect availability, reliability, and functionality of delivered products. Reviews work of other development team members. Provides application assistance to business, support, and operations organizations. Collaborates with the business in developing business requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes, designs, and develops new applications/business systems and application enhancements according to business specifications and technical designs; creates technical specifications and documents deliverables
- Documents application requirements and models current/proposed information and process flows
- Ensures unit, system, and integration test plans exist, performs quality reviews of testing and coordinates testing across all teams
- Reviews work of others to ensure design approach and delivered product is consistent with business requirements
- Ensures all appropriate technical documentation is completed and up-to-date (program, system, change management, etc.)
- Assists in re-engineering system related processes
- Functions as subject matter expert in those areas where extensive knowledge is present
- Proficient in, and assists others in using programming aids and tools, utilities, database access methods, and systems software
- Addresses development issues escalated within the team
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging information technology and trends
- Analyzes, documents, and resolves problems in accordance with department quality standards and procedures
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging information technology trends
- Assists in the following project efforts: creating project plans with timelines, resolving problems on scheduling, controlling projects, ensuring deadlines are met
- Assists in overseeing analysis, design, and development of new systems and enhancements according to internal customer expectations and technical design
- Assists in preparation of cost benefit analysis and estimates
- Trains and mentors new and/or less experienced team members in development related areas
- May be key contact for day-to-day vendor interface
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Leads small to medium projects; participates in projects of all sizes
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Assists in determining service level agreements and ensures they are met
- Reviews internal customer materials and training curriculum to ensure content accuracy
- Collaborates closely with the business to ensure that business needs are well understood and are designed into the provided solutions
- Coordinates or leads third level application support efforts
- May be required to provide 24 hour on call support
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
*Years of Experience *
- A minimum of 7 years of in-depth applications programming and design experience
- Solid knowledge on Oracle E-Business Suite (ERP) Processes around Order Management, Supply Chain and Order to Cash.
- Extensive knowledge on Oracle EBS 12.1.3 application schema architecture
- Extensive knowledge on Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, OA Framework and BI Publisher tools
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of applicable programming languages, tools, and other applicable information technologies
- Extensive knowledge of programming methodology, test plan development, development life cycle and testing methods
- Extensive unit and system testing experience
- Experience in EDI 850, 860, 810, 823, 856 and 855 is a plus.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex business applications
- Experience in leading projects
- Solid knowledge of business area supported or similar business experience
EOE including disability/veteran
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Apps-Corporate-185-48
Title: Oracle Developer (EDI)
Requisition ID: HQ 11522
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.