USG Corporation Pricing Analytics Manager (Remote Work Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
USG is seeking a Pricing Analytics Manager that is analytically strong and equipped with strong business acumen to drive insights and value in the execution of pricing strategy. Within this role, they will drive the creation of analytical models, metrics and dashboards that provide insight to senior leadership on the efficacy of pricing. Recommends, designs and adopts new standards, processes and procedures to improve department effectiveness and enhance pricing analytics capabilities. Minimal travel may be required.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
- Identify and prioritize margin improvement opportunities for the businesses and, working with Sales and pricing administration, assist the businesses in executing pricing opportunities.
- Analyze pricing data from variety of sources to derive insights into pricing strategies and market trends by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative methods and models.
- Develop and maintain standardized metrics, dashboards, reports utilizing pricing tools that can highlight profitability of existing pricing strategies as well as opportunities for change.
- Assess customer and product performance against revenue, margin and volume targets to identify quick win and long-term opportunities.
- Analyze non-standard deals to identify risks and/or opportunities that can affect USG performance, growth, or strategic positioning.
- Recommends, designs and adopts new standards, procedures and improved processes to elevate department effectiveness and enhance analytical capabilities.
- Drive pricing analytics enhancements and issue to resolution. Engage in and lead ad-hoc projects that support the strategic direction of Sales Operations.
- Ensure controls and departmental standards to safeguard quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for a course of study in statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum five years sales operations, finance, pricing, accounting or related experience.
- Basic understanding of building materials and manufacturing business processes as it relates how pricing strategies are built.
- Excellent analytical skills to develop and interpret sales results. Understands and applies modeling tactics. Ability to work with large volumes of data, summarize the data and draw conclusions in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking skills and a disciplined hypothesis-driven analytical approach. Understanding of how competitive situations influence price and margin negotiations and outcomes.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong presentation, training and knowledge transfer skills. Excellent at visual display of quantitative information to drive clarity and context to all stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate between various departments and levels within the organization.
- Experience with analytical tools mainly Tableau for reporting, dashboarding, story creation; OBIEE is a plus
- Experience with ERP and CRM applications such as Oracle and Salesforce
- Experience with system configuration / administration of pricing analytics software (e.g. PROS, Oracle Advanced Pricing, etc.).
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Industry knowledge of USG’s products, business and customer base.
- Statistical modeling skills
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Sales Operations-135-500
Title: Pricing Analytics Manager (Remote Work Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11495
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.