USG Corporation Pricing Analytics Manager in Chicago, Illinois
USG is seeking a Pricing Analytics Manager that is analytically strong and equipped with strong business acumen to drive insights and value in the execution of pricing strategy. Within this role, they will drive the creation of analytical models, metrics and dashboards that provide insight to senior leadership on the efficacy of pricing. Recommends, designs and adopts new standards, processes and procedures to improve department effectiveness and enhance pricing analytics capabilities. Minimal travel may be required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following and performs additional responsibilities as assigned:
- Identify and prioritize margin improvement opportunities for the businesses and, working with Sales and pricing administration, assist the businesses in executing pricing opportunities.
- Analyze pricing data from variety of sources to derive insights into pricing strategies and market trends by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative methods and models.
- Develop and maintain standardized metrics, dashboards, reports utilizing pricing tools that can highlight profitability of existing pricing strategies as well as opportunities for change.
- Assess customer and product performance against revenue, margin and volume targets to identify quick win and long-term opportunities.
- Analyze non-standard deals to identify risks and/or opportunities that can affect USG performance, growth, or strategic positioning.
- Recommends, designs and adopts new standards, procedures and improved processes to elevate department effectiveness and enhance analytical capabilities.
- Drive pricing analytics enhancements and issue to resolution. Engage in and lead ad-hoc projects that support the strategic direction of Sales Operations.
- Ensure controls and departmental standards to safeguard quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for a course of study in statistics or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum five years sales operations, finance, accounting or related experience.
- Basic understanding of building materials and manufacturing business processes as it relates how pricing strategies are built.
- Excellent analytical skills to develop and interpret sales results. Understands and applies modeling tactics.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data, summarize the data and draw conclusions in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking skills and a disciplined hypothesis-driven analytical approach. Understanding of how competitive situations influence price and margin negotiations and outcomes.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong presentation, training and knowledge transfer skills. Excellent at visual display of quantitative information to drive clarity and context to all stakeholders.
- Able to effectively communicate between various departments and levels within the organization.
- Ability to work with sensitive/confidential information. Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Experience with Analytical tools such as OBIEE and Tableau and as well as ERP and CRM applications such as Oracle and Salesforce.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with system configuration / administration of pricing analytics software (e.g. Vendavo, PROS, Zilliant, etc.).
- Industry knowledge of USG’s products, business and customer base.
/EOE including disability/veterans/
Organization: *Corp-Ceilings Pricing Analyst-145-28
Title: *Pricing Analytics Manager *
Requisition ID: HQ 11399
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.