USG Corporation Production Planning Manager - Ceilings (Remote Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
The Production Planning Manager is responsible for oversight of the Shared Services Production Planner team in US and Canada. The primary responsibility is to lead, manage and develop a team of production planners specifically responsible for planning finished goods inventory production, raw material replenishment, coordinating interplant transfer purchase orders and data maintenance for multiple plants and a single line of business. The Production Planning Manager I is responsible for employee hiring, training, conducting performance evaluations, retaining skilled employees, and handling termination activities of direct reports. This execution must happen in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner while maintaining a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee production planning and management activities within a business unit.
- Perform employee hiring, training, retention, and termination activities.
- Develop employee and team goals to support business objectives.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and providing critical feedback.
- Identify and implement long term succession planning.
- Identify workload constraints and proactively balance employee resources to meet the needs of the business.
- Summarize business unit information for Executive Committee Meetings and other requests of Senior Manager
- Adhere to departmental budget.
Production Planning, Raw Material Replenishment, ITPO’s, Data Maintenance
- Resolve problems concerning transportation or customer issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Develop risk assessment and mitigation activities to ensure continuity of supply during plant downtime.
- Monitor supplier performance and collaborate with Strategic Sourcing to resolve supplier delivery issues.
- Participate in inventory management analytics and processes to ensure recommendations provide the desired product mix to meet customer expectations.
- Manage lead times and updates sales regularly with lead time exceptions.
Safety, Quality, and Cost
- Perform all duties with safety in mind and actively participate in all safety programs.
- Work closely with the plant Production/Quality Departments to maintain that the highest quality products are produced and shipped to customers. Understand and follow all bulletin requirements.
- Perform all duties in a cost-effective manner. Work closely with Strategic Sourcing to ensure that low cost, high quality raw materials are being purchased.
- Proficient in using Microsoft - Excel, MS Word, Power point, Outlook.
- Excellent Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- High Level Oracle User – ASCP Production Planning, WIP Advanced User, Inventory, BOM’s and Routings
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing process, sequencing, and constraints in area of expertise.
- Multi-project management skills
- Basic management and leadership skills
- Oral presentation skills
- Continual Improvement (Lean/LSS) skills/mindset
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Organization: *Corp-Regional Supply Chain Mgmt-146
Title: Production Planning Manager - Ceilings (Remote Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11466
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.