USG Corporation QA Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion form within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds pf employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
This position focuses on USG’s effort to improve its core applications. The project aims to improve & enhance both end user & customer experience. May lead near-shore QA analysts for project work. Works collaboratively with the various groups within the IT department and the business units to ensure that the appropriate level of quality is designed into IT solutions. Develops appropriate QA standards, guidelines and procedures as needed to facilitate delivering a quality product. Ensures that relevant QA standards are followed. Counsels others about the QA discipline. Ensures that quality is a fundamental component of all projects and activities. Conducts reviews of project plans with team members. Participates in identifying metrics that improve quality.
Thorough knowledge of applicable information technologies and how to incorporate quality in solution deployment (e.g. Oracle, Salesforce). Experience with full life cycle software deployment. Understands business requirements and how quality control solutions impact the business. Demonstrated successful management of customer demands and expectations. Experience estimating required test effort. Solid experience developing and reviewing requirements and specifications for testability and decomposing requirements into test cases. Experience creating and executing test plans/strategies and test cases. Experience reviewing test cases for adherence to standards and for completeness. Experience working collaboratively with third party Quality Control resources, preferably offshore. Experience with testing methodologies and approaches. Experience working with relevant QA tools (JIRA, HP Quality Center).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Understands business requirements and how QA solutions impact the business
- Evaluate project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Works with project manager and team leads to create and manage the QA component of the project schedule
- Prepares and documents test plans
- Assists in converting business requirements to test cases
- Effectively uses the relevant aids and tools available from a quality control and quality assurance perspective
- Analyzes, reviews, and modifies test plans to ensure quality control guidelines are met
- Helps to ensure that changes do not adversely affect other areas of a given application or system, or related interfacing applications and systems
- Document and report quality issues and defects and work with multiple teams to expedite resolution.
- Work with multiple teams (functional, design, development, admin, business, end-users) to set QA standards and ensure delivery of quality throughout the project.
- Inform project team and stakeholders of risks to quality and come up with mitigation plans to ensure successful of the project.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging information technology especially regarding quality assurance
- Trains others on the use of QA test management tools (HP Quality Center, HP PPM)
- Ensures project(s) meet all business, technical and development specifications
- Collaborates with others to identify metrics for quality
- Makes recommendations and creates proposals for new tools, upgrades, and vendor/multi-vendor solutions
- Work with Test Automation team to provide inputs to the test automation suites (i.e. regression)
- Ensure adherence of the project to the company’s QA processes and standards in all aspects of the project while cognizant of the specific nature of the project.
- Additionally, provide the company’s QA practice with feedback and suggestions on improving QA processes, standards, and metrics based on the project experience
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management applications (Oracle EBS or similar) or concepts preferred
- Preferred familiarity with performance testing, load testing, penetration testing, and automation
- Communication: Communicates with internal customers in non-technical terms. Communicates with applications, architecture and operations teams on issues that are encountered in testing and possible resolutions. Active listener, open to receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Developing Others: Trains and mentors new and/or less experienced team members in quality related areas
- Teamwork: Works closely with nearshore QA team and assists in resolving issues they may encounter while performing testing activities
- Work Quality: Reviews test plans and test cases to ensure adherence to specifications, quality, and procedural standards
- Time Management: Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Admin-QA-185-53
Title: QA Analyst
Requisition ID: HQ 11542
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.