USG Corporation Reliability Technical Specialist (Remote Work Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
Seeking a highly engaged, motivated individual that embraces change and challenge.
The Reliability Tech Specialist will effectively lead reliability continuous improvement efforts to eliminate waste, reduce process variation, and improve the customer experience. They will serve as a corporate reliability subject matter expert in the training and development of Reliability methodologies and activities.
This position will be responsible for improving equipment reliability to support our plant goals for both safety and effeciency. This role will focus on supporting several areas including the rollout of the MP2 upgrade to a new enterprise asset management program. This position must become an expert in the new software and will be responsible for identifying and applying enhancements to the RPM program to improve efficiencies at our plants.
The successful candidate will also have an in-depth working knowledge of plant Reliability Performance Model (RPM) programs. They will work with plant leadership teams, conduct assessments, identify gaps, and help develop correction action plans to improve the success of the plant RPM programs.
This position supports the organization’s RPM activities and reports to the RPM Manager. Travel, up to 50%, may be required for special project supports, upgrades, and training
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Supports the rollout of the new enterprise asset management program to replace current computerized maintenance management system (MP2) at plants.
- Develops training programs and videos and creates a library of RPM training documents in LMS.
- Participates in new initiatives like predictive maintenance. Develops guiding principles of the program, determines resources needed in CAPEX, deployment, and training.
- Lead reliability assessments with a goal of continuous improvements at plants. Works with CI team to develop a combined assessment for LEAN and RPM through training of CI team members and other plant SME’s as program auditors.
- Provide coaching and support to plants regarding their maintenance needs.
- Utilize CI tools and methodologies to solve problems within project work and on an as needed basis.
- Lead plant teams and cross functional teams as needed and resolve conflicts, influence, inspire, and motivate others without having direct authority.
- Facilitate productive team meetings with agendas, action plans, and appropriate follow-up.
- Will deal with set-backs, identify integration issues, work with appropriate stakeholders to remove barriers, and track project status in order to obtain results with various initiatives and deployments.
- Insures effective 2-way communication between key stakeholders within the plant and the corporate office. Ensure team member selection and any process changes are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- Work with all plant employees to build Reliability /CI into the culture and daily activities and encourage learning and training opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, but will consider in-depth RPM experience
- Working knowledge of transmission, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls, etc..
- Working knowledge of RPM guiding principles/methodologies and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) (preferred)
- Experience with the*RPM audit process (preferred) *
_Years of Experience_
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in manufacturing
- 2-5 years in a reliability role preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Experience with reliability asset management software and adapting the software to fit organizational needs
- Advanced Excel skills (needed for MP2 data extraction and cleansing)
- Strong mathematical and statistical analysis skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Decisive; doesn’t procrastinate on decisions
- Works to continuously improve interpersonal skills and has the ability to build cooperative relationships with employees at all levels
- Ability to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals
- Working Knowledge of the USG Reliability Performance Model
- IT competency in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Lean Six Sigma
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Mfg Lean Six Sigma-470-33
Title: Reliability Technical Specialist (Remote Work Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11502
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.