USG Corporation Sales Manager, Specifications and Business Development (Ceilings) in Chicago, Illinois
Lead, manage and influence high-profile and complex design opportunities nationally, while driving performance locally. This experienced thought leader will be a leader for the architectural and design sales team and bring stakeholders together to flawlessly execute projects with high-performing prodcuts which create beautiful, functional, and safe spaces.
Internally, this candidate will shape, coach and influence how we measure and manage performance that leads to the most impactful business results, bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience about the design community in commercial spaces.
Externally, this candidate will lead USG’s key A&D relationships, analyze design trends and ensure USG’s preferred position in the specification process, as well as be a leader within influential and relevant associations and groups.
The candidate will manage, lead, coach, and develop a team of sales associates, focused on architects and designers in an assigned territory.
Candidate work location is flexible and at the discretion of the manager, based on candidate skills, abilities, knowledge, and expertise.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Align teams on strategic direction to drive execution in ready to bid work and preferred specification position
- Anticipate customer challenges based on feedback and integrate issues resulting in improved process and capabilities within functions
- Create and implement a strategy and plan for national ready-to-bed specification
- Indirect coaching and leadership for National team of A&D Sales professionals
- Analyze trends with building and construction technology and share specification best practices
- Provide support to sales leadership and reps with a focus on increasing skills and effectiveness with customers and within specific channels to drive specifications
- Oversee and positively influence specification position with high opportunity products
- Own top opportunities nationally and lead key architecture and design accounts plus coordinate marquee opportunities with leadership and necessary stakeholders
- Represent design and sales communities with digital opportunities and efforts internally and externally as part of the value proposition
- Collaborate with marketing as an industry influencer for programs and standards initiatives such as EC3, WELL, and LEED
- Leads CEU development initiatives and prioritizes sales promotional collateral on behalf of the A&D organization
- Make data-based recommendations on segment opportunities to improve financial performance
- Participate, lead and drive influence within well-known industry groups such as AIA, IIDA, USGBC, and CSI
- Mentors, guides, and coaches team to expand their capabilities and performance
- Coaches Dimensions of Professional Selling tools and techniques throughout the entire sales process with direct report Ceilings Sales Associates.
- Works closely with HR team on selection, training, compensation, etc. regarding team members
- Works with Sales Excellence training team to identify and meet training needs of sales professionals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant knowledge of commercial ceilings portfolio
- Analytical skills to assess trends in the business and identify methods for improving results and making informed recommendations with the greatest business opportunity
- Sales professional with a demonstrated record of success, including 5 years of experience in a consultative, specification-focused sales role with existing A&D relationships.
- Strong understanding of how a design firm operates with the capability to generate new specifications and drive conversions.
- Proven ability to build relationships, an adept networker with key stakeholders, influences, and decision-makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills with various stakeholders, internal and external
- Strong coaching, management, and leadership skills and ability to develop and contribute to leadership and field sales teams, developing and managing team members to high performance
- Proficiency required in core programs including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Salesforce.com
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills to increase USG’s market position
- Self-starter with strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving abilities
- People management experience
Education and Related Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design, Marketing or related field.
- Ten years of building materials industry experience.
Physical Demands and Other Requirements
- Overnight travel as required, approximately 50-70%, based on client and business needs
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Ceilings-Arch Sales Dev Mgr-330-340
Title: Sales Manager, Specifications and Business Development (Ceilings)
Requisition ID: HQ 11430
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.