USG Corporation Salesforce Developer (Remote Work Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is looking for a passionate, energetic, and results-oriented Salesforce Developer who will focus on implementing the next generation of cloud-based customer, sales, and service applications at USG. We are seeking an individual with a background in designing and developing highly useable, scalable, extensible and maintainable solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
This person will drive automation of processes, develop new applications, extend and support existing applications, and help manage the integrations to other systems.
This role reports to the Applications Lead in the IT Customer Experience team.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com including data migrations, configuration, systems integrations, third party applications, custom code, and data quality.
- Responsible for developing in Apex, Visualforce, Lightning components, and other technologies to build customized solutions.
- Responsible for development through all phases of the lifecycle in response to business needs – from initial technical analysis and level of effort estimation to production deployment.
- Helps develop and drive best practices around Salesforce.com application development to improve productivity, system performance, scalability, and monitoring.
- Champions SFA tools within USG – educating and mentoring other team members on the capabilities and potential applications.
- Develops and maintains documentation on new features and enhancements. Performs knowledge transfer as required.
- Configures and maintains all non-production sandboxes.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure functionality meets the needs of the internal and external customers.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the planning process. Participates in and influences decisions that affect the functionality of delivered products.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field.
- 3 years of Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch apex and Salesforce APIs with an emphasis on Sales and Service Cloud.
- 3 years configuring page layouts, workflow rules, process builder, validation rules, roles & profiles, territories, knowledge, case management, reports and dashboards.
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, SQL.
- In-depth understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce application coupled with a good understanding of business processes.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using SOAP, REST, BULK and Streaming APIs.
- Hands on practical experience with common Salesforce.com tools - Data Loader, Eclipse, Force.com IDE, Version Control, Workbench, etc.
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills. Good written and verbal communication skills. Works effectively with business customers, operations, architecture, and QA.
- Good planning, organization, and work management skills. Self-starter who takes ownership, meets commitments and multi-tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Salesforce development experience on Community Cloud.
- Salesforce B2B Commerce (Cloud Craze) development experience.
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I or equivalent experience.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience.
- Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder or equivalent experience.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Apps-Corporate-185-48
Title: Salesforce Developer (Remote Work Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11398
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.