USG Corporation Senior Inventory Planning Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Inventory Planning Analyst coordinates inventory planning processes and conducts functional analysis for Business Units across North America. Initiatives will include both strategic and tactical projects and use quantitative analysis to identify Supply Chain based strategies and continuous improvement opportunities. Processes supported by the analyst including inventory health analysis, system improvements, and customer satisfaction reporting. The role will collaborate with Manufacturing, Logistics Planning & Operation’s teams, Business Units, Strategic Sourcing, Customer Service and FP&A teams to improve quality of inventory planning output and business results.
*KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Manage inventory planning, target setting and variance analysis processes for assigned business units.
- Develop and implement recommendations that drive continuous improvement in inventory and customer key performance metrics (KPIs).
- Lead cross functional teams, provide subject matter expertise and analytical support for assigned projects.
- Facilitate development of business rules and coordinate validation of inventory planning policies and operating constraints.
- Improve processes and tools as necessary that incorporate inventory management best-practices.
- Utilize statistical tools and perform root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Customer Service, Sales and Product Management
- Conduct training as necessary on inventory management processes.
- Experience in demand, supply or inventory planning including involvement with processes and data management related to Supply Chain Planning.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage cross-functional relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Experience in project management, completing independent projects, participating in/or leading small project teams.
- Knowledge in technology including Tableau or Power BI. Oracle experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business required
*Years of Experience*
5 years of work experience in supply chain
APICS CPIM and Green Belt / Black Belt training preferred
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Title: Senior Inventory Planning Analyst
Requisition ID: HQ 11446
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.