USG Corporation Senior QA Engineer (Remote Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
As a key position within the Quality Assurance team, the Sr. QA Engineer works collaboratively with the various groups within IT and across business units. This role works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to ensure the appropriate level of quality is designed into automated test scripts. The Sr. QA Engineer plans work for their designated area(s), performs peer code reviews, evaluates tools, leads training, and performs hands-on automation. S/he provides test automation expertise with continuous improvement within the automated testing discipline. The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency with a highly collaborative approach, exhibiting excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops automation roadmap to ensure key applications have appropriate coverage.
- Develops or evolves appropriate QA standards, guidelines and procedures as needed.
- Provides governance to ensure automated scripts meet coding standards and provide appropriate test coverage.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging technology and trends in automated software testing.
- Evaluates and recommends new tools, products, upgrades and vendor/multivendor solutions.
- Conducts code reviews to ensure consistency, quality and reusability of test artifacts.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify key quality metrics.
*Business Focus: *
- Understands business requirements and how quality control solutions impact the business.
- Communication: Communicates with internal stakeholders in non-technical terms. Communicates with applications, architecture and operations teams on issues that are encountered in testing and possible resolutions.
- Developing Others: Trains and mentors team members on automation best practices, as well as effective use of test automation tools.
- Teamwork: Works closely with onsite and offshore QA team and assists in resolving issues they may encounter while executing automated tests.
- Work Quality: Reviews test plans and test scripts to ensure adherence to specifications, quality and procedural standards.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
*Nature and Scope: *
- Supervisory role is limited to assigning work and reviewing work of others, does not conduct performance reviews.
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Leads small to medium projects; participates in projects of all sizes.
_Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities_:
- Proficiency with Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing (14.53), integration of automated scripts into MicroFocus ALM/Quality Center.
- Experience working with a variety of QA automation tools.
- Experience in tool evaluation, selection and implementation.
- Experience with current QA automated testing methodologies, approaches and best practices.
- Experience projecting script development effort and resource need.
- Experience developing, implementing, monitoring and controlling QA automated testing processes.
- Experience identifying test automation candidates delivering the greatest impact.
- Experience reviewing test scripts for adherence to standards and for completeness.
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex technical solutions.
- Experience with full life cycle software deployment in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience writing performance test plans and conducting performance testing using Micro Focus LoadRunner.
- Experience with defect management in Micro Focus ALM/Quality Center and Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience writing performance test plans and conducting performance testing using LoadRunner.
- Experience working collaboratively with third party Quality Control resources, preferably offshore.
- Experience developing and implementing QA processes.
*Physical Demands and Other Requirements:*
*Education and Related Experience:*
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or Bachelors degree with relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of automated testing experience, with minimum 3 recent years in a 100% automation or performance testing role.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Admin-QA-185-53
Title: Senior QA Engineer (Remote Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11416
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.