USG Corporation Sourcing Analyst (Entry Level) in Chicago, Illinois
This position is in the Strategic Sourcing function and is responsible for day-to-day troubleshooting procure to pay processes and addressing Oracle Purchasing functional, reporting, and technical issues.
- Assist Oracle procurement users in optimizing activities connected to planning, requesting, purchasing, receiving, and making payment for the Company’s goods and services. This position works with Supply Chain, IT, Manufacturing, Auditing, Finance, and Genpact in making sure our purchasing processes are integrated and working effectively.
- Work with Supply Chain Management to develop new reports and metrics to enhance purchasing processes and identify cost savings opportunities. Update and maintain monthly reports. Develop and track procurement metrics including categories/items of spend, blanket orders, sourcing rules, payment terms and days payable outstanding. Utilize USG Answers, Oracle, Excel, Access and Discover tools to develop metrics and reports as directed.
- Develop and implement procurement automation including use of electronic data interface (EDI) for transmitting purchasing and invoicing documents between USG and suppliers. This includes working with suppliers as well as Finance, IT and Supply Chain personnel to build new paths of automation.
- Manage the Oracle procurement punchout and internal catalog processes as well as work with suppliers to streamline purchasing functions. Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing processes. Work with suppliers and TASC in ensuring catalog content is formatted correctly, data is accurate, and catalogs are loaded on a timely basis. Provide reports as required.
- Support and assist with special projects related to implementing new Oracle procurement initiatives and new procurement functionality.
Assist in managing USG’s Procurement Card program including working with Strategic Sourcing, Auditing, Corporate and Plant personnel to enforce existing policies as well as develop and issue special reports. Review and assess monthly Procurement card performance to assess purchase opportunities and compliance to company processes.
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, IT, or related field.
- 3 years of IT, Procurement, Supply Chain, or related analytical experience is needed.
- Knowledge of Oracle Procurement and/or other Supply Chain modules is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Clear, concise, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and results orientated.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external employees and all parties doing business with the company.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Supply Chain
Organization: *Corp-Strategic Sourcing-143-61
Title: Sourcing Analyst (Entry Level)
Requisition ID: HQ 11459
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.