USG Corporation Specification Manager - Roofing (Remote Possible) in Chicago, Illinois
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
We’re big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference, yet small enough that you’re not just a number. You’ll work on key initiatives and build strong relationships across the company that will position USG for growth into the future.
USG offers work-life balance, specialist and general/managerial career paths, promotion from within, exceptional benefits, and incredible long-term career opportunities for the right professional. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us. Join us.
Incumbent builds awareness and write specifications for USG SECUROCK Roof Boards. Candidate will be responsible for increasing sales and profits by developing key relationships with: roof consultants, roof systems manufacturer’s, architects, building owners, code officials and facility managers, etc. Overnight travel required (@50%). In depth knowledge and understanding of commercial roofing industry required which includes the sales cycle, membrane manufacturers, warranties, the specification network and the value of code approvals (FM, UL, M-D, TDI, NYDI, etc.).
Location is flexible and at sole discretion of the hiring manger. Candidate should live near major metro airport due to travel requirements.
- Maximize long-term specification acceptance in assigned territory through effective development of relationships with key roofing consultants, architects and specifiers.
- Identify key opportunities and establish focused account plans for strategic accounts.
- Member of IIBEC (International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants) and utilizes this platform to grow relationships with key roofing consultants.
- Utilize Salesforce to analyze data and make sound business recommendations and decisions.
- Provide monthly updates on key consultants, architects and specifiers.
- Maintain all administrative responsibilities and operate within the assigned budget, price and policy guidelines.
- Become the technical sales expert for all non-purchasing roofing influencers. Implement roofing sales strategies. Meet sales goals by working closely with their corresponding USG Commercial Roofing Regional Sales Manager to prioritize targets identified in the strategic sales plan for the region.
Competencies / Skills
- Understands the technical side of commercial roofing, codes, approvals (FM, RoofNav, UL, SPRI, ARMA, IIBEC, Miami-Dade)
- Has strong industry product knowledge, is a quick study, and is not afraid to lead by example and get hands dirty.
- Identifies key market opportunities.
- Solid, timely decision maker even in times of adversity and ambiguity.
- Good analytical and planning skills.
- Sets clear, realistic, and measurable objectives.
- Monitors objective process and progress, accepts responsibility, and remains accountable for all established objectives.
- Values inclusiveness and the different strengths, perspectives, contributions and needs of all people and their importance to the success of all.
- Maintains a personal commitment to create a welcoming environment, strengthening his/her team and those around them.
Interacts appropriately with all constituents, both industry internal and external.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Ideally possess external commercial roofing experience as a technical rep or roofing consultant
- Possess minimum 5-years experience as an architectural sales rep or similar and proficiency with the Reed Connect system
- Strong presentation skills (Certified AIA presenter)
- Initiative and high level of self-motivation. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Computer skills and competency with the MS Office Suite.
- Internal USG: DPS trained and proficient in use and application of skills.
EOE including disability/veteran
Organization: *Bldg Sys-Substrates-Spec Sales Manager-815-000
Title: Specification Manager - Roofing (Remote Possible)
Requisition ID: HQ 11524
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.