USG Corporation Sr. Business Analyst (IT) in Chicago, Illinois
*Position Summary: *
This customer facing role is responsible for gathering requirements, documenting, modelling business processes, and supporting business systems. Other activities of this role include preparing test scenarios, helping in functional testing, assisting in change management activities, and guiding technical team members. Ideal candidate should be self-driven, organized, agile and should be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of business processes, best practices, and problems/solutions as they relate to the organization’s current and future strategy.
- Elicits business requirements through workshops and interviews, analyzes systems, and redesigns or reinvents business processes.
- Works on short and long-term business roadmap, ensuring that IT activities and business strategies are closely aligned .
- Spearheads IT system changes and fosters continuous improvement philosophy.
- Develops mock-ups and wireframes for user interface, forms, reports design.
- Brings strong understanding of, and experience in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing fundamentals, BI products such as OBIEE 11g, Tableau. Has good understanding of Oracle E-Business Suite ERP.
- Supports and guides developers and ensures the solution is built according to specifications.
- Prepare business cases and works on capital project requests as required.
- Proficiently operates at strategic level and deals with abstract concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, operations management, or engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience implementing and supporting business processes and BI solutions. Oracle ERP environment exposure a plus.
- Candidate must have experience in leading cross-functional teams to develop business processes and requirements.
- Knowledge of business processes and best practices in manufacturing industry.
- Strong analytical skills, including excellent proficiency in discovering customer business needs and translating them into functional and technical requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Self-sufficient customer facing skills that foster a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with business is a must.
- Desire to learn about new business areas within USG.
- Good understanding of User Experience and User Interface (UX/UI).
- IIBA Certification is a plus.
- Exposure to Scrum/Agile Methodology a plus.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Corp-IT Apps-Analysis and Integration-185-15
Title: Sr. Business Analyst (IT)
Requisition ID: HQ 11403
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.