USG Corporation Thermal Engineering Co-Op in Chicago, Illinois
*Job Description: *
- Conduct assigned thermal engineering tasks in a safe manner, observing all USG Corporation, governmental, site safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Utilize technical training to organize & execute drying trials and testing at USG facilities, focused on various products and drying conditions.
- Assist in executing thermal engineering tasks for Kiln Efficiency Initiative. Tasks include: data collection, communication with plants & vendors, field assistance, research, efficiency assessment/calculations, project reporting, equipment maintenance and inspections.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree with proven ability to apply thermal solutions to meet project goals.
- Frequent travel (50%) required.
- Self starter with good organizational skills to be able to handle multiple activities. Has a high level of integrity to maintain data integrity.
- Good interpersonal as well as (verbal and written) communication skills to effectively interact within a diverse workforce environment.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Corp Engineering-Budgeted Proc Engr-156-100
Title: Thermal Engineering Co-Op
Requisition ID: HQ 11402
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.