USG Corporation Total Rewards Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
This position assists in the implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programs by providing analytical support to those functions within HR. The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in the development of compensation and benefits practices for USG Corporation. Researches, analyzes, and develops modifications to compensation programs to meet identified organization objectives and needs. Provides administrative support for USG Corporation health and welfare and voluntary benefit programs. This position is also responsible for ensuring, through periodic review, that Company compensation and benefit programs are consistently administered in compliance with the organization’s policies and statutory regulations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports administration of and conducts analysis and interpretation related to the organization’s compensation programs by: o Participating in compensation surveys. o Conducting market analysis of the organization’s jobs and programs/pay practices to determine competitive positioning. o Assisting in the administration of annual Compensation processes including (but not limited to) salary structure review/maintenance, short and long-term incentives, HRIS data upkeep, merit/salary increases, employee recognition program. o Studying current organizational wage and salary data, and compiling reports and other information as requested. o Completing ad hoc analysis and reporting to enhance compensation and management functions of the organization and advise HR leadership as requested. o Proposing improvements to systems, methods of work, and analysis to support continuous improvement efforts towards evolving business requirements as well as ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and statutory regulations.
- Supports administration of and conducts analysis and interpretation related to the organization’s benefits (health and welfare, retirement) programs by: o Participating in benefits surveys to determine competitive positioning of the organization’s programs/practices. o Providing support to the Employee Benefits Manager and Director, Total Rewards in regard to the administration of the organization’s health & welfare and retirement programs. o Assisting with the design, development, implementation, and communication of new benefit plans and changes to existing programs as needed and during the annual benefits enrollment process for all domestic employees. o Providing backup support to all benefits functions and processes including (but not limited to) general inquiries tied to the organization’s health and welfare and retirement programs; audits; reporting; HIPAA compliance; personal and medical leave of absence program, FMLA and COBRA; discrimination testing; short term disability, long term disability and salary continuance programs tracking; recordkeeping systems; insurance claims. o Completing ad hoc analysis and reporting to enhance benefits and management functions of the organization and advise HR leadership as requested. o Proposing improvements to systems, methods of work, and analysis to support continuous improvement efforts towards evolving business requirements as well as ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and statutory regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit professionalism and integrity regarding the use and dissemination of confidential and sensitive material.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of different financial and analytical techniques, and the capability to plan own work and respect deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently or in a cross-functional team.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadlines and consistently provide accurate information.
- Able to team and work well with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including formal presentations.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, discretion, and ethical standards.
- Solid working knowledge of Oracle HR/Payroll systems, inclusive of Compensation Workbench.
- Solid working knowledge of Payfactors or other similar market pricing tool.
- Working knowledge of health and welfare plan legal and regulatory requirements
_Physical Demands and Other Requirements_
Periodic travel is required.
_Education and Related Experience_
- Bachelor’s Degree from an AACSB accredited college or university; Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Human Resources major preferred.
- Two years of related experience in Compensation and/or Corporate Benefits Administration.
- CCP designation and/or CEBS designation (achieved or working towards)
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Job: *Human Resources
Title: Total Rewards Analyst
Requisition ID: HQ 11462
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.