USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Cloquet in Cloquet, Minnesota
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines. Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultrasound, and vibration analysis tools.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, and hand/power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straight edges.
- Conform to the plant’s reliability performance model (RPM), maintenance activities and requirements.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Normal working schedule is 6a – 2p, Monday thru Friday, but can be adjusted to include nights and weekends, and OT may be required based on plant and departmental needs. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels. Rotating 12-hour shifts, Monday thru Sunday will be required for a period of time to meet the scheduling requirements within the maintenance department.
- Perform shop tasks including using power/hand tools, rigging and overhead lifting, complex measuring, blueprint comprehension, layout and fabrication, electric arc welding, basic mechanic skills, oxy-acetylene torch-cutting, propylene torch-heating, special maintenance problem solving, operate mobile equipment- forklift.
- Mechanical / Technical understanding – Mechanical Fundamentals: mechanics, lubrication, understanding maintenance documents, pumps, piping systems, welding/cutting (stick, mig, tig and torch). Mechanical Power Transmission: basic mechanics, bearings. Hydraulic Power Transmission: basic hydraulics, hydraulic troubleshooting. Basic Pneumatics: pneumatic principles, reciprocating compressors, rotary compressors, piping, hoses and fittings, directional control valves, pressure control valves, pneumatic cylinders, and pneumatic motors.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Responsible for performing all assignments as delegated by the Mechanical Supervisors.
Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant and departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Millwright or other maintenance related degree and/or experience as a mechanic is preferred.
- Must have safe work practices.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be able to safely operate plant mobile equipment.
- Must complete and pass the mechanical skills assessment.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as required by the maintenance department.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area, which may include lifting items 49 lbs or less, working in extreme temperatures, working at heights, working in confined spaces, and negotiating uneven terrain, ramps, steps, and ladders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of when, where, and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate ability to protect himself/herself and co-workers from potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrate ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Cloquet
Requisition ID: CLO10172
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.