USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Washingtonville in Danville, Pennsylvania
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on: motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments such as laser alignment tools, stethoscope, tachometer, infrared camera, ultra sound and vibration analysis tools.
Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand /power tools.
Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions, requests and completing feedback documentation.
Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Mechanical / Technical Understanding - Mechanical Fundamentals: mechanics, lubrication, understanding maintenance documents, pumps, piping systems, welding/cutting (stick, mig, tig and torch). Mechanical power transmission: basic mechanics, bearings. Hydraulic power transmission: basic hydraulics, hydraulic troubleshooting. Basic pneumatic: Pneumatic Principles, Reciprocating Compressors, Rotary Compressors, Primary Air Treatment, Secondary Air Treatment, Piping, Hoses, and Fittings, Directional Control Valves, Pressure-Control Valves, Pneumatic Cylinders, Pneumatic Motors.
- Safety and housekeeping are the first consideration in all activities. The employee must consistently demonstrate an understanding of all plant & departmental safety rules, standards, and programs.
- Responsible for performing all assignments as delegated by the Mechanical Supervisors. Previous maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- Often necessary to work OT, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the Plant. Operating schedule is subject to change based on business levels. Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must report all ANI’s.
- Must have a safe work history.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
- The employee must be able to work in temperatures of 30 to 110 degrees F.
- Must have ability to safely operate plant golf carts, forklifts, and plant vehicles.
- Report any unsafe condition or defective equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Have ability to understand verbal and written instructions from plant supervision and efficiently and effectively perform assigned tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in the operator rate program.
- Ability to lift items 49 pounds or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job area.
- Know where to look up and how to use VWI, JSA, and Equipment Lockout Analysis sheets associated with this position.
- Must learn the location and operation of all safety devices within assigned work area and ensure that they are functioning properly at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge of when, where and how to use standard and specialized personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of all department emergency procedures and location and use of emergency equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to protect himself/herself and co-workers from potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the plant’s confined space program & procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with other workers in the areas of safety, quality, and production/maintenance and understand importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Must complete the mechanical skills assessment.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Washingtonville
Requisition ID: WAS10190
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.