USG Corporation Maintenance Planner - Washingtonville in Danville, Pennsylvania
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
To work in conjunction with the Plant PMC and the Reliability Supervisor to expedite work orders and requests, schedule both routine and non-routine related projects, and prepare required equipment and parts to complete work in the most efficient manner possible.
- Responsible for determining and documenting all applicable safety procedures and practices via job planning.
- Responsible for coordination and planning of maintenance activities to maximize production efficiencies.
- Needs to have an aptitude for troubleshooting and a desire to discover the issue’s root cause.
- Responsible for performing all tasks as delegated by direct or indirect supervision.
- Responsible for following and upholding all aspects of the RPM Model (a detailed list of all the roles and responsibilities of a Maintenance Planner per the RPM program is available.)
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and follow-up work.
- Safety must be the first consideration in all activities. Compliance with all safety programs and rules including OSHA regulatory programs is mandatory.
- Must report all safety concerns, and employee must have a safe work history.
- This position also requires prior experience as a mechanic/electrician or a demonstrated understanding of the skills in one of these areas.
- Must be capable of navigating and using standard word processing, spreadsheets, and databases used in the plant computer/network environment. Must demonstrate the ability to perform searches on and navigate the world wide web.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plant equipment, operations, maintenance activities, and MP2 system.
- Must be capable of working with vendors and, on a limited basis, contractors, in the performance of assigned duties.
- Must have good organizational skills to maintain equipment files, recordkeeping, and work backlog.
- Must be familiar with, support, and enact all required plant policies, procedures, and department objectives.
- Must show ability to read and interpret equipment and plant prints and drawings.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to continuously advance technical knowledge and skills.
- Applicants must comply with plant attendance policy, demonstrating regular and predictable attendance.
- Initiate requisitions and purchase orders as needed for planned jobs.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Planner - Washingtonville
Requisition ID: WAS10195
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.