USG Corporation Maintenance Mechanic - Delavan in Delavan, Wisconsin
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on: motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Mechanical / Electrical / Technical Understanding - Mechanical & Electrical Fundamentals: detailed understanding of pumps, lubrication, motors, hydraulics, pneumatics, circuits, and drives as well as associated components of each system. Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 70E requirements.
- Needs to have an aptitude for troubleshooting and a desire to discover the issue’s root cause.
- Responsible for performing all tasks as delegated by direct or indirect supervision.
- Learn and maintain continuous compliance with USG’s Reliability Performance Model and all plant practices.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and follow-up work.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all applicable procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Interact with all personnel with dignity and respect while promoting teamwork, cooperation, and completing all tasks with the utmost professionalism.
Normal working schedule is between 8-10 hours per day, with mandatory overtime including nights and weekends to meet the business needs. Operating schedule is subject to change with business levels.
Safety must be the first consideration in all activities. Compliance with all safety programs and rules including OSHA regulatory programs is mandatory.
- Must report all safety concerns, and employee must have a safe work history.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personal protective equipment and a willingness to use all required equipment whenever necessary.
- Housekeeping and cleanliness should be maintained and/or restored during and following all work tasks.
- Must complete the mechanical skills assessment.
- Previous Industrial maintenance or millwright experience required.
- Experience required in Stick and/or MIG welding.
- Ability to lift items 49lbs or less and negotiate uneven terrain, ramps, steps and ladders.
Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements necessary for this job including working in temperatures 30 to 110 degrees F.
- Responsible for maintaining a set of personal tools as specified in USG’s Operator Rate Program.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to continuously advance technical knowledge and skills.
- Applicants must comply with plant attendance policy, demonstrating regular and predictable attendance.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Delavan
Requisition ID: DEL10112
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.