USG Corporation Production Operator (Joint Treatment) - Denver in Denver, Colorado
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG.
- Responsible for making equipment adjustments to ensure proper specifications are met.
- Responsible for performing quality checks and recording results.
- Responsible for changing settings on equipment during changeovers.
- Responsible for properly recording all production numbers into MDIS system.
- Responsible for performing some routine maintenance on equipment.
- Able to work in a manufacturing setting in a safe manner and follow all plant safety rules and practices.
- Maintain a high standard for housekeeping within the work area.
- Computer skills needed for data entry and reporting. Process will involve quality data or require comments related to the production/loading operation.
- Read and complete documented inspection procedures.
- Follow instructions on printed work orders to complete assigned tasks.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook for work related email.
- Ability to learn to operate plant equipment.
- Familiar with common hand tools and how to properly use them. (Hammer, wrench, screwdrivers, pliers, putty knife, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot minor issues within a process.
- Good communication skills needed with all co-workers.
- Recognize unsafe conditions or hazards within work area.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with co-workers in areas of safety, quality, production/maintenance, and understands importance of completing assigned tasks and their relationship to other requirements.
- Able to learn procedures and retain information for continuous use.
- Ability to use on-line tools to monitor product specifications to ensure product compliance.
- Ability to make machine and process adjustments to ensure product is within required specifications.
- Trained in the safe operation of the forklift and all equipment associated with driving the forklift. Has received forklift certification, which is updated as required, or has the ability to acquire certification.
- Ability to work rotating/multiple shifts.
/USG – Denver uses as skill based pay system that we call the Operator Rate System. The entry level for Operator #1 rate is $20.00. Employees receive promotions once they are able to demonstrate proficiency against a published set of skills. The current top level or Operator #6 rate is $26.00/hour./
/All USG employees enjoy a number of benefit options for themselves and their families. These include two medical insurance options (both through Blue Cross Blue Shield), as well as vision and dental coverage (both through MetLife). The cost of these optional programs varies based on coverage level – employees generally pay 25% of the monthly premium cost, USG pays the rest. These coverage options are offered on the first day of employment with no waiting period. Additionally, USG employees enjoy both a 401(k) investment plan with company match and a pension plan. Beyond these main features, employees may also choose from a number of additional programs like life insurance, accident insurance, legal insurance, even pet insurance, just to name a few. USG also offers Quarterly (hourly) / Annual (salary) bonus potential for all employees based on performance metrics tied to safety, quality, and productivity./
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Title: Production Operator (Joint Treatment) - Denver
Requisition ID: DEN10016
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.