USG Corporation Electrician - East Chicago in East Chicago, Indiana
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's nearly 9,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
Our employees believe strongly in what we do – in fact, 92% of our manufacturing employees surveyed anonymously said that they would recommend USG products to a friend. And we take care of our employees. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate their 25th, 35th, and even 45th service anniversaries with us, providing a family atmosphere for those who make a career with us. Find out how you can join the team and build your career:http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
- Battery maintenance
- Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe
- Install, perform preventive maintenance & troubleshoot motor control & lighting systems using wiring schematics
- Motor starters - size & change overloads & heaters
- Three phase motor wiring termination
- Motors: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Motor brakes: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Advanced control system troubleshooting including PLC control using wiring schematics
- Burner controls: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- PLC & associated hardware - installation, troubleshooting & repair
- PLC main components familiarization
- PLC hardware wiring
- Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
- Instrumentation equipment - install, troubleshoot & repair
- RTD's & Thermocouples - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Ink jet printer systems - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls
- Understand AC motor/VFD theory
- VFD power & control wiring
- VFD installation & configuration
- Parameter modifications
- VFD troubleshooting & maintenance
- Conduit & cable tray design , layout and installation.
- Transformer sizing & wiring
- Fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
- Install various electrical controls
- Interpret electrical schematics & symbols
- Identify motor data
Basic understanding of NEC codes
Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as 480 volt and 2300 volt.
- Must have an understanding of NFPA 70E code.
- Must be able to accept “on-call” responsibility.
- Must be able to perform basic welding tasks.
- Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit.
- Must have a safe working history.
- Must have demonstrated an excellent attendance history.
- Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Must have excellent basic mathematic skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must have basic PLC and VFD drive knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
Organization: *E. Chicago-Engineering
Title: Electrician - East Chicago
Location: Indiana-East Chicago
Requisition ID: EAS10196
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.