USG Corporation Industrial Electrician - East Chicago in East Chicago, Indiana
- Battery maintenance
- Operation of electrical test equipment including voltmeter, megger and amprobe
- Install, perform preventive maintenance & troubleshoot motor control & lighting systems using wiring schematics
- Motor starters - size & change overloads & heaters
- Three phase motor wiring termination
- Motors: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Motor brakes: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- Advanced control system troubleshooting including PLC control using wiring schematics
- Burner controls: perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting & repairing
- PLC & associated hardware - installation, troubleshooting & repair
- PLC main components familiarization
- PLC hardware wiring
- Interpret instrumentation schematics/symbols
- Instrumentation equipment - install, troubleshoot & repair
- RTD's & Thermocouples - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Ink jet printer systems - install, troubleshoot & repair
- Use HMI screens to troubleshoot and understand process controls
- Understand AC motor/VFD theory
- VFD power & control wiring
- VFD installation & configuration
- Parameter modifications
- VFD troubleshooting & maintenance
- Conduit & cable tray design, layout and installation.
- Transformer sizing & wiring
- Fuse, wire sizing, & conduit fill ratios
- Install various electrical controls
- Interpret electrical schematics & symbols
- Identify motor data
Basic understanding of NEC codes
We offer competitive wage rates ranging from $29.12 to $36.55 per hour
- Must have a basic understanding of electrical concepts such as 480 volt and 2300 volt.
- Must have an understanding of NFPA 70E code.
- Must be able to accept “on-call” responsibility.
- Must be able to perform basic welding tasks.
- Must be able to run rigid aluminum conduit.
- Must have a safe working history.
- Must have demonstrated an excellent attendance history.
- Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Must have excellent basic mathematic skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Must have basic PLC and VFD drive knowledge.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must pass a basic electrical skills test.
/EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *E. Chicago-Engineering
Title: Industrial Electrician - East Chicago
Location: Indiana-East Chicago
Requisition ID: EAS10231
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.