USG Corporation Production Operator (Mill) - East Chicago in East Chicago, Indiana
Job Duties 1. Perform routine Mill tasks, which include daily housekeeping, loader, crane and dump truck, and stammler operation. 2. Operator will need to walk multiple floors and troubleshoot equipment operation in all areas of the mill. This includes working in adverse weather conditions for certain tasks. 3. Operator will need to monitor equipment, log readings, react to alarms, and communicate with other departments as needed to keep the Mill department operating smoothly and safely. 4. Operator will need to perform all quality testing for each position, including taking stucco samples and communication with the lab to provide high quality stucco for Board operations
- Must demonstrate a basic knowledge of the East Chicago plant safety rules, adhere to these rules in the performance of his/her work assignment, and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to perform basic mathematics as required.
- Must be computer literate, and willing to learn new applications, such as the new Ignition software and tablet use in Mill operations.
- Must meet the job requirements of the position outlined by the essential physical requirements form.
- Must possess an acceptable safety, performance, and attendance record.
Organization: *E. Chicago-Mill
Title: Production Operator (Mill) - East Chicago
Location: Indiana-East Chicago
Requisition ID: EAS10179
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.