USG Corporation Electrician (Quarry) - Plaster City in El Centro, California
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor or other appropriate administrative staff, the electrician is responsible for, install, maintain and repair the production equipment in a safe, efficient, cost effective manner; ensure the continuous operations of assigned equipment plant wide. The technician will work in rotating shifts and in partnership with other technicians and operators at the Plaster City Quarry - located in Borrego Springs, CA.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES: * Work safely as a top priority by adhering to the plant’s safety policies and objectives. * Complete on time safety training (Classroom, Hands-On, OTIS) * Support company policies, departmental instructions and objectives in a positive manner. * Ensure all repair and maintenance work orders are performed safely, efficiently and within the time frame. * Work with other department maintenance technicians and operators to execute efficiently the daily basis work orders. * Overall responsibility by following maintenance program best practices. * Communicate value added opportunities and solution plans to improve safety and equipment performance. * Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability. * Lead group of operators during routine and non-routine maintenance tasks. * Assist with implementation of predictive maintenance programs including: vibration analysis, infrared testing, ultrasonic and motor circuit analysis, etc. * Participate in training classes/seminars provided by USG or 3rdparty companies. * Keep active communication with Electrical Supervisor about shift performance and any other issue that could arise. * Submit work orders usinge-Factory Pro software (CMMS)
- Industrial Electrical Technician certification (Preferred)
- Industrial electrical experience, 3-5 years (Preferred).
- Solid general knowledge of all aspects of electrical work including: running and bending conduit, making up panels and wiring electrical circuits.
- Must possess electrical skills to install, repair and troubleshoot the following equipment: Three phase AC motors, DC Motors,Electrical Substations,replace and programVariable Frequency Drives (VFD’s), motion sensors, valve actuators, instrumentation transmitters, industrial lighting fixtures.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical motor control circuits, process control instrumentation, transformers and related electrical distribution systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the approved methods, material, tools and equipment utilized in electrical installation and maintenance work.
- Must have knowledge of electrical codes
- Proficient with PLC & Instrumentation troubleshooting.
- Experience with preventive & predictive maintenance tasks.
- Able to read electrical schematics/blueprints.
- Communication skills to interact with operation and maintenance personnel.
Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook). /EOE including disability/veteran/
Organization: *Plaster City-Reliability
Title: Electrician (Quarry) - Plaster City
Location: California-El Centro
Requisition ID: PLA10215
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.